Are you looking to gain strength, confidence, coordination, and flexibility? Look no further – Taekwondo is your answer! This program features traditional Taekwondo as well as one-step sparring and combination self-defense techniques. Taekwondo is an activity that engages all ages! Youth typically start at age 5.
Taekwondo programs offered at PRFC:
- Poomse – TKD forms (stances, blocks, strikes and kicks)
- Taekwondo Olympic sparring WTF (World Taekwondo Federation)
- Our Champions program is a registered member of USA Taekwondo
Enjoy achievement and competition with the PRFC Taekwondo community:
- Our black belts earn Kukkiwon certificates
- Our students have participated in local, state, and national tournaments
Our instructors are qualified black belts:
Master David Ames: 4th Dan Black Belt Master
Wendy Embrey: 2nd Dan Black Belt
4:00 – 5:00 pm, Mondays: This class is held in the group exercise room and is a beginner class.
6:30 – 8:15 pm, Mondays & Thursdays: This class is held in the gymnasium and is for older students or those who have martial arts experience and want a challenge.
For updates, please check the monthly schedule for days and times.
Active members of PRFC with Fitness and All Access memberships are able to participate in Taekwondo at no charge. Non-members interested in trying the program may drop in to a class ($20).
Interested? Give us a call at 540-825-0000 with any questions!